PCI Express balances cost, performance, compatibility and advanced features for computing platforms.
PCI Express-enabled desktop computers can take full advantage of high-speed and isochronous communications that FireWire 400 offers with the Manhattan FireWire 400 PCI Express Card. Easily installed, it adds two FireWire 400 ports to connect data storage, digital media and other FireWire peripheral devices.
Fast Data Transfer
The Manhattan FireWire 400 PCI Express Card achieves data transfer rates of 400, 200 and 100 Mbps, and supports a total throughput of 2.5 Gbps. Compliance with IEEE 1394a (FireWire 400) and PCI Express 1.0a specifications ensures that most PCI Express Card-equipped desktops and connected FireWire devices can operate at peak performance.
The Manhattan FireWire 400 PCI Express Card fits PCI Express x1, x2, x4, x8 and x16 lane buses, and its regular and low-profile brackets enable a quick and easy installation.
- Easily adds two FireWire 400 ports to desktop computers
- Each port supports data transfer rates of up to 400 Mbps
- Low-profile form factor fits PCI Express x1, x2, x4, x8 and x16 lane buses
- 12VDC connector uses bus power to recharge and supply connected FireWire devices
- Plug-and-play installation; Windows and Mac compatible
- Three-Year Warranty
Standards and Certifications
- PCI 2.2
- IEEE 1394
- IEEE 1394A
- 2 FireWire 400 ports; 6-pin female connector
- Data transfer rates of 400 Mbps, 200 Mbps and 100 Mbps
- Texas Instruments chipset
- PCI Express Card x1
- Texas Instruments XIO2200A chipset
- Bus speed: 2.5 Gbps
- Fully compliant with PCI Express specifications 1.0a
- Windows XP/Vista/7/8 or Mac OS 10 or above
- PCI Express-enabled system with an available PCI Express Card slot
- FireWire 400 PCI Express Card
- Regular and low-profile brackets
- Y-type power cable